Dania’s primary objective
of the project is:
– that a greater percentage of international students will complete the program, participate more actively in class, feel less homesick (studies show about 30% experiencing culture shock), find Danish internships and student jobs and contribute to Danish society after graduation.
Secondary, but still important objective of the project for Dania are:
– Providing Dania’s values in practice
– Contribute to a better PR and branding of Dania to both international students and other stakeholders
– To give Danish students to become buddies and thus get the internationalization of their CV without having to leave Randers
Who can apply to become a Buddy?
– All Dania’s students, both Danish and international
– It could also be former students (alumni) who now work in the profession
Why become a buddy?
– Get an international network as well as socialize with other buddies
– Get relevant skills on your CV
– Become a priority of the international department when you apply for activities such as for instance Summer School, etc.
What are buddies in charge of?
– An event per month for his/her four students: it can be anything from picking them from the bus/train station / airport, invite them to a party, to the gym, on a picnic or cook together (cooking together has proven to be something that builds links)
– Be contactable and show sincere interest in his/her students
Future students can find out more about the Buddy Programme on our Practicalities Page HERE.